Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Chritmas!

It's Christmas! Time to think back and thank the god for all that I have today, I have a lot to thank him for, thank him for what I would have lost or my family would have... I am blessed. Merry Christmas to all!

Yeah, it's been a while... things have improved a lot... a lot's happened between then and now. I am still on the "duo from hell" - cytoxan and prednisone. But I can't complain... Nose bleeds, seem to be resolving since a month or so but it continues to remind me I am not well and so does pulsating pain in the right lungs lobe. In the meanwhile a gram of solumedrol IV pulse continues on a monthly cadence, with the daily oral intake being tapered rapidly. Hearing remains impaired with lots of ringing as if I was just slapped a few seconds ago. Weight continues on the upwards trend, it being in the vicinity of 178lbs.

This disease has made me humble and I have learnt to respect it knowing how much of a damage it can inflict on you. BUT I AM GOING TO SNEAK BEHIND IT'S BACK & BEAT IT ONE DAY! :)

Herpes and Yeast infection now like a good friends never seem to leave me alone :) They flare up every once in a while. But that is OK... My fear of LFT's flaring up lingers, although they have been fairly quite for a while now. Dr. Low is happy that it is not chronic. He does not want to see me anymore. Phew! one done three to go. yeah! now that is positive...

So I was pulsed once again with 1g Solumedrol and that evening - Sat 26th Dec. (actually has been this way since about a week or so) for some reasons unknown my heart started racing, so much so I could not sleep. It was irritating... So I decided to slip out of the house to the ER. It was 1 am. The ER got the tests started right away, my BP was on the higher side and so was my heart rate. The ER doc. Dr. Goldberg explained that this could be due to several reasons, dehydration, blood clot in the lungs, thyroid malfunction etc. Blood work was normal, CT-Scan showed no clots in the lungs, EKG was normal. I was discharged with a diagnosis of Tachycardia-Nonspecific. Follow up was suggested.

I had a follow up with Dr. Moness and she suggested a lipid panel soon and if it comes back then we will do an Echocardiogram. Since I have again been infected with some virus or bacteria, I am back on Tamiflu and Azithromicin. Did I mention I was diagnosed with H1N1 a few weeks back? Swab tests were run. Let's see what the results would be.

Flying to Helsinki for a week on a biz trip toward the end of Jan. Will be taking some strong antibiotics along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment